Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Our tree date!

Thomas got to do his first tree last Saturday. He knew that he was going to need help on at least part of the work. He was not able to get a hold of anyone so guess who got to help thats right ME! It did tire me out a little (I have not pulled brush since I was a teenager). It was a fun bonding experience for us as a couple. I did think it was pretty fun to pull the top out of the tree after he cut it. I don't think I will be doing it again but if I have to it is a pretty good workout.


He is just hanging there from the rope pretty much!


Me after the work is mostly done.

6 comments:

Familia Durham said...

I have about 3 or 4 dead trees in my yard and I am afraid that they will fall on top of my house when it's windy... do you want another workout?

Jared and Liz said...

Liz and I loved the blog, I didn't know you had one until I noticed the link on Tammy and Joe's blog the other day. Liz says the Wedding Cake looked like it tasted very good. Liz and I also invite you to check out our blog. www.familiahood.blogspot.com
HASTA PRONTO.

Nan said...

OK, We are all sitting around here (Jammy and Dad and I) and can't figure out how this is your first tree--haven't you been doing that for years! We understand how it was Heather's first. Just Wondering, Love, Mom and Clan

Jared and Liz said...

I was thinking the same, but I'm guessing that it was your first job not being afiliated with another company perhaps

small town Hood said...

yes it is my first official tree I have attempted to help before but it never worked out. This is Thomas' first by himself where we live. We really enjoyed it and it turned out to be a fun date. I also enjoyed the extra shopping money I earned.
Heather

House of Squitty said...

You guys are too cute! Not many people can say that they have done this on date night!