Monday, November 2, 2009

The Connor story..

Okay, so I finally have a minute to write down everything that happened during the birth. I went into labor Tuesday around 6 pm. The contractions lasted all night long and they were about 10 minutes apart until 1 am where they got about 5 minutes. I called Thomas because he was working in Augusta. They got even closer and I called the Bishops wife Carrie. She suggested that I call my neighbors, the Rainey's. I called Renita Rainey and she took me to the hospital while her husband slept on my couch to watch my kids.

We got to the hospital around 5am and they said that I would be having my c-section around 7am. I only had one problem Thomas was not going to make it. They could not wait for him because the next opening was at 9am and I could not wait that long with the contractions. So I had the surgery all by myself and had the nurse take pictures for me. Thomas did show up about 20 minutes after he was born when I was in the recovery room. I was able to choose the name because Thomas wasn't there!! I chose Neil after my Grandpa. I called him first when we chose the name and he still hasn't stopped smiling form what I here.

I am very greatful to have my little Connor I love him dearly.

1 comment:

Familia Durham said...

Congrats... I hope the nurse took good pictures. I gave the camera to our nurse when Liam was born to take a picture of my husband cutting the cord and all I got was the Dr's chest and hand... not even the scissors. I was disappointed. I hope your pictures are great.