Tuesday, February 3, 2009

surprise!!!

Thomas turned 30 on the 21st of January so we decided to throw him a surprise party. I am so glad that he was out of town the week of his birthday because I don't think I could have pulled it off otherwise. He came home with gifts for the kids princess pad for Ainslee and dinosaur cards for Tyler.



I decided to throw him off by giving him the present from Tyler and Ainslee and acting like that is the only thing. The kids wanted to get him a bag full of dollar store things like bungy cords, lighter, chips, candy, some electrical tape! He was looking at me like are you serious! I thought it was hilarious.
Then he took the kids to the park (so I thought, McD's, Lowe's and frog hunting). Everyone started coming over and we hid the cars at a friends house nearby. We sat around and talked hoping he would come back soon. Two hours later one of the guys called and came up with a story that they needed help moving a new family into their house. He comes home finally and he is extremely surprised. I cannot believe he did not pick up on it! There were so many clues...thank so much for everyone that was able to come. He said that was the best birthday ever.


1 comment:

Familia Durham said...

Happy Birthday Thomas... How funny, everyone had to wait for 2 hours!!! ;) What a cool surprise party!